The Church in Cheyne Row Chelsea was opened on 23rd October 1895 in the style of Renaissance Revival. Our brief was to upgrade the lighting and lighting control with particular attention played on emphasising the Architectural features of the building: exterior uplights were positioned on the corners of the building to light the stone Quoins, contrast was created by lighting the window reveals with warm white light. This window reveal lighting served two purposes as the light was also directed into the building to illuminate the architectural features of the ornate vaulted ceiling. The existing large pendant lights in the church were removed and renovated with two light sources. One to provide ambient light and the other to create pools of light on the pews. The internal columns were uplit for further drama and spot lights positioned to light the painting of Christ on the Cross behind the high Altar.
This was one of the first project were modern control system by Helvar Electrosonic was introduced with keypads, so that various lighting scenes could be selected depending on the required function.